Monday, May 14, 2012

2012 IFJM Wrap-up

I cheated today by adding a last page to my IFJM journal that I haven't actually created yet.  I got behind this  year and just couldn't get back in gear. 

I LOVE the idea of a fake journal. In fact, I love the idea of journalling, but I have come to realize that I just don't have the discipline to be a daily journaller.  I like to journal when I am travelling, or when I decide to keep a flower journal in the spring, or for any other finite project, but I just don't feel motivated to do it every day.  And if it stops being fun, why do it?

That said, I feel very close to my alter-ego, Flat Mickey.  Believe me, the real Mickey is far from flat, but that's the point.  I could take her anywhere my imagination could think of, and when I started learning Spanish, the idea for Flat Rosita was born. It was a lot of fun thinking of situations to place them in, and working out the story line with the limited Spanish vocabulary that I have.  Unfortunately, drawing the same characters every day became a a bit of a chore.  So, this year's journal ended up with only ten pages, not counting the goodbye page. 

I will try again next year, but I'm pretty sure that I'm retiring Flat Mickey, and will have to come up with something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment